This January is National Radon Action Month (NRAM). Every January, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) urges everyone across the United States to test their homes for radon gas.
5 Radon Health Facts You Need to Know:
1. Breathing radon in your home can cause lung cancer.
2. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
3. Radon is responsible for about 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year.
4. Elevated radon levels have been found in every state.
5. Addressing radon in your home is one of the best ways to prevent lung cancer for you and your family.
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that that can seep into homes from the ground. It is both colorless and odorless, so the only way to know if you have high levels in your home is to test. Learn More